Stress is the theme this year
This year Acupuncture Awareness week is focusing on stress. A brand new study by the British Acupuncture Council to mark ‘Acupuncture Awareness Week – stress’ (2nd-8th March 2015) reveals that
“over half of the UK residents surveyed are more stressed now than ten years ago and turn to junk food and booze in a bid to feel better. The study of 5,000 adults found that a third of us admit to comfort eating when stressed, a quarter confess to drinking alcohol and as a result 1 in 5 admit they put on weight.”
Acupuncture Awareness week – stress runs from 2nd to 8th March
As a special offer I am offering £5 off any treatment booked that week and taken before the end of March
- Stress affects all of us at some time in our lives. Sometimes it manifests on an emotional level, sometimes there are physical symptoms as well. So what can we do to alleviate stress in our lives? Here are some top tips:
- Avoid Caffeine, Alcohol and Nicotine
- Get Active – doing physical activity helps to calm down your body and mind to a more relaxed state get more sleepet
- Get More Sleep – set up a relaxing bedtime routine to help you maximise your sleep
- Keep a stress diary
- Learn to say No so you are better able to manage your time. Learning to say “No” to additional or unimportant requests will help to reduce your level of stress, and may also help you develop more self-confidence.
- Try relaxation techniques – suggestions include meditation, yoga and acupuncture. For more information or to book an appointment please phone Angela on 07919930188
Acupuncture Awareness week – stress provides an opportunity to find out more about acupuncture and how it can help with stress. For more general information visit www.acupuncture.org.uk.