Do you make New Year’s Resolutions?
Many of us see the start of a new year as a new opportunity – like starting a new exercise book with a clean page
Do you hope that this year will be different/better than last year?
Too often though within a couple of weeks we feel that our dreams have evaporated and we are back in the old routine.
This may be because we are trying to make big changes or we want to make a change but we are not sure how to go about it.
Do you dream of a New Year New You 2018?
If so read on
Here are some helpful tips to get you on track for a New Year New You 2018:
- Involve others – get yourself an accountabilty buddy. It is always easier to keep to the straight and narrow if we know that someone else cares about what we are trying to do. So tell others. Make sure they are people who will understand what it is you are trying to do. Sometimes that might not be the obvious people like your family but perhaps a networking buddy, gym buddy or a Facebook group.
- Baby steps – whatever your goal – break it down into bite sized pieces/milestones. Also make sure that each of these milestones is realistic, achievable, specific and time linked. Just saying you want to lose weight is not a worthwhile goal. Give it a number – how many pounds/stones? Give it a time? a pound this week? A stone this month? Running 5 k? – Begin small and build up. Just running to end of the road can be a valuable achievement.
- Celebrate each time you get to one of these milestones. Celebrate your achievement. Decide on some celebratory things to do. They don’t need to be big – just something that you enjoy
- Have fun. Your goal may be a very important and serious one but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun along the way. Life is always enriched by upping the fun factor
- Is your goal aligned with your core values? No matter how noble your goal if you feel it is a should do rather than a really want to do then you are setting yourself up for failure. You need to feel that your goal is important to you not just to those around you.
- Visualise what it will be like for you when you have achieved your goal. Imagine the new wardrobe you are going to buy when you lose that weight. The holiday you are going to take when you have crushed your debt. Vision boards can be a fun and helpful way to move forward
- If one of your goals is to make 2018 the year of the baby then please contact me to find out how Acupuncture can help you
- Of if you want to become stress free this year then please email me to find out how my stress busting sessions can help
So here’s to all the best in 2018