Perhaps you would like to get fit or adopt a healthier lifestyle. This could be the ideal opportunity to tackle that health issue which just will not go away. Whatever your goal the New Year can be an opportunity to make a fresh start. For some this can be a refreshing breath of fresh air – for others it may feel daunting and unsure, after all every year you make these New Year’s Resolutions but by February they are just a faint memory.
Whatever your approach to the New Year here are some helpful tips to not only get you started but to keep you on track:
- Make your resolution something you really want to achieve – rather than something you feel you should do!
- Make a plan – with a series of small steps to reach it – Breaking it into bite size chunks will make it easier to keep going
- Be specific – if your goal is vague how do you know when you have achieved it – rather than I will exercise more – say I will exercise on ….for…mins
- Encourage yourself – enlist the help of others – join a support group
- Don’t beat yourself up!Perfection is unattainable. Remember that minor missteps when reaching your goals are completely normal and OK. Don’t give up completely because you ate a brownie and broke your diet, or skipped the gym for a week because you were busy. Everyone has ups and downs; resolve to recover from your mistakes and get back on track.
If being healthy is your News Years Resolution then consider having some acupuncture treatment. Acupuncture works to stimulate the body’s own healing responses in order to restore its natural balance. So why not make acupuncture part of your healthy new start to 2015. Phone me now on 07919930188 to find out how acupuncture can help you. I wish you all the best with your New Years Resolutions!