What is Work Life Balance?
Work Life balance refers to the “proper” prioritisation between work, which is defined as your career and ambition versus your life which relates to your health, pleasure, leisure, family and spiritual development.
Much of the time we are constantly striving to achieve a compromise between these two often conflicting worlds.
This week is National Work Life Week, which is all about the balance between work and home life. This week was first started by Working Families in 2010 to encourage people to make the most of their personal time and have a healthy work-life balance. If your work life balance is out of kilter this can lead to stress, which can have a major impact on your life and that of those around you.
So here are a few Work Life Balance tips to get you started:
- Organisation – always have a “to do” list
- Prioritisation—what are the most important tasks that need to be completed and against what time frames
- Make sure you block out “me” time in your diary, not just once but everyday
- Learn how to say no
- Don’t overbook yourself and don’t over promise
- Learn how to switch off, don’t check your work emails when you are not at work
- Leave work on time at least 2 nights a week
- Limit internet time when you’re at home – use technology but don’t let it rule your life
- Learn not to feel guilty it is vital to separate yourself from work to allow yourself to recharge
- Make time to invest in your health and being healthy
- Get a good nights sleep
If you are feeling stressed or need help with sleeping then acupuncture can help.
To find out more PHONE 07919930188 NOW
Remember NOW is the only moment we have!