Do you suffer from seasonal allergies or sneezes? It’s spring again and spring means flower buds and blooming trees. If you are one of the many people who have seasonal allergies it also means sneezing, congestion, runny nose and other bothersome symptoms. Seasonal allergies — also called hay fever and allergic rhinitis — can make you miserable.Is an allergy getting to you? Before you settle for plastic flowers and artificial turf,there are plenty of things that you can do to control seasonal allergies And acupuncture, how can it help? Firstly it can help to control the annoying symptoms and also it can help to boost your immune system so that you are less prone to the underlying problems.
- Drink lots of fluids – staying well hydrated helps keep the lining of your nose and sinuses moist and healthy
- Steam away stuffiness in a hot shower or over a bowl of hot water
- Avoid mucus-producing foods, such as dairy products. These produce a lot of phlegm when digested which adds to your allergy syndrome
- Stay indoors on dry, windy days – the best time to go outside is after a good rain, which help clear pollen from the air
- Delegate lawn mowing, weed pulling and other gardening chores that stir up allergens.
- Remove clothes you’ve work outside – take a shower to rinse pollen from skin and hair
- Don’t hang washing outside – pollen can stick to sheets and towels
- Wear a dust mask if you do outside chores
- Nasal douches – regularly rinsing your nasal passages with a saline solutiong will help keep your nose free of irritants
- Boost your immune system. Vitamin D is great for supporting your immune system – ideally get out in the sunshine but not on a high pollen count day! Otherwise Vitamin D is available in supplement form
- Omega 3 essential fatty acids are fantastic for reducing inflamation
- Acupuncture. It works wonders for relieving allergy symptoms: blocked sinuses, headaches, itchiness, runny nose etc. Ideally it is a good idea to start treatment either just before symptoms occur or as soon as they do. Many clients respond very quickly and may just need a booster at the beginning of subsequent seasons to keep the sneezes at bay.
So call me today on 07919930188 to find out more about seasonal allergies and acupuncture.