As we move into 2015 many people will be wondering if this year will bring them a much wanted baby. Planning a family seems to have become much more complicated over the last few years.Both you and your partner need to be in tip top condition, both physically and mentally. Acupuncture can help with both of these. It can help with regulating irregular periods and improving blood flow to the uterus. It can also help improve sperm motility. It is also really helpful for reducing stress and planning a baby can be very stressful.
Here are some other helpful tips towards New Year, New Baby
- Healthy eating – make sure you are eating fresh fruit and vegetables from lots of different colour groups – that’s an easy way to make sure you’re getting the key vitamins and minerals into your diet.So that means stocking up on blueberries, raspberries, red peppers, tomatoes and leafy greens like curly kale. Folic acid is also important for women who are trying to conceive. Foods rich in acid are usually green – think broccoli and spinach. Try to include two or three portions of dairy into your diet every day, but make sure you balance this out with plenty of fruit, vegetables and lean meats or fish. The idea is to get the benefits from all the different food groups!
- Another good place to start is with healthy sperm. Did you know it takes 3 months to produce sperm from beginning to end, so be sure to include your partner in your healthy eating plan.
- Know your cycle – your most fertile time is around ovulation – however, you are likely to have better quality sperm if you have sex regulary throughout the month – if your periods are irregular then consider having acupuncture to help with regulating them.
- Cut out smoking and alcohol and reduce caffeine intake as much as possible
- Trying for a baby can be a stressful time , if you and your partner put too much pressure on yourselves you could be making things even harder. A study at Oxford University found that women with a stress enzyme were 12% less likely to get pregnant during the most fertile period of their monthly cycle. They said that relaxation techniques, counselling,yoga and meditation can all help. Acupuncture is also a great stress buster.
To find out more about how acupuncture can help you to make this New Year New Baby please phone Angela on 079199301 or email me.