There has been a lot of talk recently about the impact of stress on fertility. A certain level of stress is normal and necessary for us to function. However in our fast paced technological world it is easy to become overloaded with work and responsibilities. So how can we lesson the impact of stress and fertility implications. Here are some useful stress busting tips if you are feeling stressed trying to conceive:
- Breathing – Take a few deep breaths when you are feeling particularly stressed. Breathe deeply and let out a long exhale.”Breathing helps us to recognize our intimate connection with the world around us. . . As we learn to refine our own breathing it regulates our energy flow, allowing our tensions to ease” (Tarthang Tulku).
- Do something you enjoy. Be sure to dedicate time each day to spend with your family or working on a hobby that interests you. Doing this will bring greater balance and calm into your life, and help you get through a particularly tough day on the job. Doing things you enjoy is a great antidote to stress.
- Exercise. Get out and do some exercise. Stress creates tension that can be relieved with a little exercise. Not only does exercise help you use up pent-up energy and stay loose, but it also triggers the release of endorphins – brain chemicals that counteract the negative effects of stress. So what are you waiting for – get your fix of endorphins, and relieve pent up tension.
- Smile – remember the song – smile and the whole world smiles with you. So why not give it a try today, what have you to lose?
- Are you getting enough sleep? Experts believe that getting less that seven or eight hours each night is detrimental to most people. Yet in our hectic lives, sleep is often the first thing we sacrifice. The body and the mind both need adequate sleep to wake fully rested ready to start the next day. Try to get to bed at a reasonable time and sleep on a comfortable mattress.Acupuncture can help too – call me on 07919 930188 to find out more
- Unplug and eliminate the constant chatter! That means setting aside time each day to turn off the TV, turn off the radio, and power down the computer/tablet and phone. We’re constantly hit by a barrage of hype, bad news, “urgent” messages, and flickering lights. Too much exposure to these things contributes to our cluttered and stressed-out state of mind. Unplug and enjoy the silence.
- Try acupuncture. Acupuncture can be very helpful as it works on re-balancing our system. It can be helpful if you are feeling stressed trying to conceive. It can also be helpful with sleep issues as well as improving blood flow to the uterus. It can also help to enhance the quantity, shape and motility of sperm.
To find out more about Acupuncture and Fertility please phone Angela on 07919 930188 NOW