Lack of sleep can be very debilitating and depressing
So what can you do to improve your quality and quantity of sleep?
Here are some useful sleep tips for those who are having trouble sleeping:
- Set a regular bedtime – aim to go to bed at the same time every night (even at weekends) – this will help your body to get attuned to when it is time to go to bed.
- Wake up at the same time every day – use your body clock rather than an alarm clock – keep to this routine at weekends as well
- Use natural light to regulate your sleep patterns by getting out in natural light every day
- Create a relaxing bedtime routine – this ends a powerful signal to your brain that its time to wind down – include switching off technology
- Eat healthily and get regular exercise – aim not to eat big meals at night and cut down on caffeine, also avoid alcohol before bed
- Get anxiety and stress in check – learn to manage your thoughts
- Acupuncture – this can be especially helpful in relaxing the body – showing it how to feel more balanced and less stressed.
- I can show you some helpful relaxation techniques to lessen anxiety and stress
If you suffer from interrupted sleep here are some more sleep tips:
- Remain relaxed – avoid the temptation to stress over the fact that you are awake
- Make relaxation not sleep your goal – use visualization, deep breathing or meditation
- Do a quiet, non- stimulating activity such as reading a book. Keep lights low and avoid using computers, tv or mobiles as they emit a type of light which is stimulating to the brain
- Postpone worrying or brainstorming – keep a notepad by your bed so you can make a note and then postpone doing more about it until the next morning
- Acupuncture helps to balance the body so it can be helpful in reprogramming the body to sleep for longer periods of time.
I trust you have found these sleep tips useful if you would like more information on how acupuncature can help you or to book an appointment contact me by email or phone 07919930188.